Did you know you receive health benefits from one minute of daily exercise?
Why not take a 10 minute body break!
You can do so much in ten minutes – work on flexibility, strength (focus on one body part) or go for a quick walk or run to boost metabolism! Here’s a quick 10 minute stretch routine to that focuses on the side of body, hips, and shoulders…
10 Minute Stretch Routine:
- Standing IT Band Stretch (targets iliotibial band or side of hip and side of body): Which ever foot you cross behind, pull upper body away from that leg.
- Standing Hip Stretch (targets hip and balance): Stand tall and pinch your shoulder blades together with your standing knee soft.
- Low (Crescent) Lunge Twist (Targets hips, torso, chest, back and shoulders): All your muscles have to function together to do this move, so don’t jam your spine. Do what feels good to you and breathe into the stretch!
- High Lunge with Arm Variations (targets front of hip, chest, and shoulders): Keep back leg bent to reduce stress on your lower back. Try to either pull elbows back or actually grab your elbows behind your body.
- Reverse Prayer Pose (targets shoulders): Point fingers down or just grab wrist to make easier.
*Consult your physician before you start any new exercise program.