Yay, it’s officially summer! Time to hit the beach for your workouts.
This *First Days of Summer Workout will target cardio, strength (emphasis on core and booty), and flexibility. Get lean, get fit!!
Workout Quick Tips:
- When walking on the beach, don’t make it a Sunday stroll – move!
- When jogging, I wrote paved trail, but dirt works too! 🙂
- Stay tall and keep front heel down when doing walking lunges.
- When alternating push ups and sit ups, transition as fast as you can, but do the movements as controlled as you can.
- Keep weight on your heels with plié squats (also known as frog squats). Toes are pointing out and feet are wider than your shoulders.
- Modify the pilates 100 by keeping your feet down in a crunch position as you pump your arms. Lift legs up to sky (lower to a point that’s a challenge) to increase the difficulty. Teaser is basically a full sit up – really controlled with no momentum. If you have low back issues, stay low by just lifting shoulder blades off floor – no full crunch. Photo details for the pilates exercises are here and here.
- It’ll take you about 40-45 minutes to complete this workout depending on how long you stretch afterwards.
- If you need a stretch routine, check out yoga twists.
*Consult your physician before starting this or any new exercise program.