Cassey Ho (of Blogilates/YouTube fame) has come out with a few DVDs and I thought I’d try out Flat Abs Fast! for review.
This workout is a strong intermediate level pilates/core training workout. In my opinion (as a 20+ year certified fitness trainer), you must have good body awareness and understand the basics of pilates before trying this DVD.
- Cassy Ho is an energetic and motivating instructor.
- It’s a 30 min workout can be broken up into 3 sections (Lower Belly Blast, Muffintop Melter, & Hard Core), which makes it doable – even for the busiest lifestyles.
- The order of the exercises (when doing all three sections together) made sense.
- She had good music – especially for Lower Belly Blast & Muffintop Melter.
- She has some innovative and contemporary pilates moves that will help you to break through fitness plateaus, especially if you are use to traditional pilates.
- You don’t need any special equipment. It’s just your bodyweight! 🙂
- Cassy needed to give more safety cues or at least have an added section to talk about safety in the various exercises. I think she does a way better job of this on her YouTube videos.
- If she isn’t going to use safety cues, I would like to see a modifier and more advanced model with her.
As you can see, there are more positives than negatives to this DVD. I really do like it and will use it on days I need a little more core from my own workouts. You can check out the preview on YouTube (courtesy of totalfitnessdvds) below:
Remember, when it comes to flat abs, you can’t spot reduce. Do cardio to burn extra calories and watch your diet!
You can purchase Pop Pilates Flat Abs Fast! from Amazon for about $10 here.