Caprese Quinoa Salad
Original recipe: here.
This is a perfect light and healthy summer salad to kick off the first day of June! It’s so easy to make, takes no time at all, and tastes fresh and light. Pair with a side of fruit and sliced almonds for an added nutrient boost!
Servings: 4 Calories: 225 Fat: 9g Carbs: 25g Protein: 8g
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 14.5 oz can organic vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint organic grape tomatoes
- 4 oz mozzarella (cut into small bite size pieces)
- 15 organic basil leaves
- salt and (lots of) black pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons balsamic glaze (honey & balsamic vinegar simmered for 15 min over medium heat)
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa with one small can (2 cups) of vegetable stock according to time on packaged instructions.
- Combine cooked quinoa and next 5 ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
- Grape Tomatoes: A rich source of lycopene which may contribute to better bone health. They are also an excellent source of vitamin C & beta carotene.
- Basil: A good source of vitamin A & magnesium for cardiovascular health and has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Quinoa: Considered a complete protein source with anti-inflammatory benefits.