Lightened Up Chicken Veggie Lasagna
You don’t need to load up extra cheese and noodles to enjoy this flavorful lasagna. This recipe gives you just enough of both to feel satisfied. Your portion size will be nice and big with this one! Best part (besides being low fat, low calorie, and packed with protein) is that it was even picky eater approved – so, it’s perfect for a healthy family dinner.
Original recipe: here
- Servings: 6
- Calories per serving: 342
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Carbs: 39.9 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 30g
- Sodium: 585.7
- Vit A 42.4%
- Vit C 45.8%
- Calcium 28.5%
- Iron 13.9%
- cooking spray
- 1 package extra lean ground chicken
- 1-3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 whole grain lasagna noodles
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 4 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 3 cups baby kale and spinach chopped
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/2 container (7.5 oz) ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons mozzarella (split)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: Red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and spread a layer of marinara on the bottom.
- Brown ground chicken over medium high heat with salt and pepper. Add garlic when chicken is 2/3 of the way cooked.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes, kale and spinach, egg, ricotta cheese, 3 tablespoons mozzarella, basil, and ground pepper.
- Layer baking dish with noodles, 1/2 the cheese mixture, 1/2 ground chicken, 1/2 marinara, and repeat. Top with remaining 3 tablespoons mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and optional red pepper flakes.
- Cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and cook another 25 minutes.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes and enjoy!