You made your New Year’s resolutions for better fitness and healthy living, now it’s time to put them into action. Start with baby steps. Connect mind to body, not getting distracted with your phone and/or social sites (I’m totally guilty of this myself). Take a minute to focus on what’s important to you.
Mindfully Make a Plan:
- Sit tall in your chair with your feet flat on the floor. Your back is not touching the back of the chair.
- Your chest is open and you feel balanced.
- Place your hands on your thighs.
- Close your eyes and take 5 slow, easy breaths feeling your breath flow easily through your body like a wave.
- Now think about something small you can do to help you reach your goal. Go for a walk or run? Do some core exercises? Try a new healthy recipe? Drink more water?
- Move your hands to your heart. Your heart feels light.
- Take 5 more slow, easy breaths (eyes still closed).
- Slowly open your eyes…
- Now go do it.
Get out there, think positive, and have a happy, happy Friday!