Here’s a perfect recipe for the upcoming holidays! You only need 6 ingredients, which makes it a super easy addition to any festive meal.
Sweet Potato Stack Recipe
Original Recipe: here Servings: 6 Calories per stack: 56
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato sliced thinly (I used purple sweet potatoes, but any color will do)
- 2 Red Swiss Chard Leaves torn into bite size pieces
- *Crunchy Bean Snack – Sea Salt (crushed)
- 1/3 Cup Low Sodium Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground Black Pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush a muffin tin w/ EVOO
- Alternate stacking sweet potato, swiss chard, and Crunchy Bean Snack until filled. Note: 1 medium sweet potato will fill at least 6 muffin tins.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of stock over each stack (fill bottom of cup).
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
*Crunchy Bean Snacks (c/o) Snack Out Loud are lightly roasted pinto beans. They are a great source of protein, fiber, and iron. The Sea Salt and Smoky Chipotle BBQ flavors are my favorite! You can buy online here or find out more details and check the bean locator here.
- Sweet potatoes: packed with vitamin A (for healthy skin/eyes), vitamin C (for healing wounds, scar tissue, and repairs bones, cartilage, teeth) and manganese (for brain and nerve function).
- Swiss Chard: packed with vitamin K, magnesium, and calcium (for bone health); and vitamins A, C, and E, manganese, and zinc (for antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits).
- Extra virgin olive oil: has Vitamin E (anti-inflammatory benefits and heart health).