If you can tap your toe to the beat of the music, then you can do this upper body workout! Pick any songs you like, have a variety of dumbbells, and get ready to work!
Going at a variety of speeds helps to develop the muscle fully, which means more calories burned and a toner, leaner look!
Example: When performing a chest press…
- Press up 2 counts of a song, then resist weight down 2 counts of a song for 4 repetitions
- Press up 3, resist down 1 for 4 reps
- Press up 1, resist down 3 for 4 reps
- Press up 4, resist down 4 for 4 reps
- Press up 1, resist down 1 for 8 reps
That is 24 repetitions for each exercise. If you stick to the 8 count reps (exampled above), you’ll typically stay to the beat of the music. Do 1-3 set of each exercise.
You can find these exercises in more detail on my fitness library page here.