Are you sitting on the couch right now watching TV, surfing the web, and haven’t done your workout yet today? *Do these 10 exercises now to train the entire body during your commercial breaks!
1. Push ups (targets chest, triceps, shoulders, and core): I know you can do at least 3 (but try to get in 20)! Abs in, chest open, shoulders retracted and depressed. Example in first photo above.
2. Tricep Dips (targets the back of the arm): Bend and straighten the elbows, but don’t lock out the elbows at the top of the move. I bet you can do at least 10, but shoot for 30! Example in second photo above.
3. Plank Jacks (targets core and heart): Jump out and in (or walk out and in), try to get in 50 repetitions. Example in third and fourth photos above.
4. Mountain Climbers (targets core, shoulders, and heart): Alternate pulling your knees in but try to keep your chest open. Do 50 reps. Note: you can do these from your elbows too. Example in first and second photos above.
5. Prone Buttkickers (targets core, hamstrings, shoulders, and heart): Alternate your legs for 50 reps and really try to kick your butt! Note: you can do these from your elbows too. Example in third and fourth photos above.
6. Squat Taps (targets hips, glutes, and thighs): Tap your butt back to the couch and stand up. Do as many as you can for 3 commercials (or 90 seconds). Example above in first and second photos.
7. Lunge Taps (targets hips, glutes, and thighs): Stand in a staggered stance, bend both legs and tap the couch with your hand and stand up. Do as many as you can in one commercial (or 30 seconds). Switch legs and repeat. Example in third and fourth photos above.
8. Single Leg Kick Outs (targets core): Keep your chest open and abs in. Start with both legs on the floor and pull one knee in towards your chest as much as possible. Straighten the leg out to meet the other one. Do 10 reps each leg. For an added challenge lift both legs off the floor a couple inches. Example in first photo above.
9. Alternate Leg Kickouts (targets core): Pull both knees in towards your chest then kick one leg out at a time while you simultaneously open your arms out to the side. Example in second photo.
10. Double Leg Kick Outs (targets core): Pull the knees in and extend the legs out while keeping your chest open and abs in tight! Only do this one if you have perfect form. Example is shown in the third and fourth photos above. You can make this exercise easier by just keeping your legs bent and tapping your feet straight down to the ground.
*Consult your physician before starting any new exercise program.