Don’t lose your strength when you are on the road with vacations and business travel this summer. All you need is a resistance tubing. Look for tubing that has sturdy handles. The cheap plastic handles are annoying and you won’t use them. There are some good choices of tubing with foam handles on Amazon here.
This workout will train the entire body. *Go through it once for a quick 5 minute workout or a couple times to really feel the burn!
Here’s more details of above exercises:
1. Bicep Curl – Squat – Overhead Press
Targets front of arm (biceps), hips, thighs, shoulders, and core.
- Start standing tall with your arms up in a bicep curl position. Perform one bicep curl (down and up).
- Go into a squat, pushing your hips back.
- As you come back up from the squat, raise your arms overhead (works shoulders).
- Lower arms back down and repeat the bicep curl.
- Repeat sequence for up to 1 minute.
2. Side Steps
Targets the hips.
- Stand on a tubing with your arms at your side.
- Take a huge step to the right and bring your left foot in.
- Take a huge step to the left and bring your right foot in.
- Repeat side to side for up to 1 minute.
- Make your resistance harder by bringing arms up by your shoulders, crossing the tube (switching handles), or taking bigger steps.
3. Back Rows
- Sit, kneel (shown above), or stand tall with the tubing anchored around a stable surface.
- Start with tension on your tube and pull your elbows back, pinching your shoulder blades.
- Slowly release and repeat for up to 1 minute.
- Keep your shoulders retracted and depressed.
4. Chest Presses
- Sit (shown above), kneel, or stand tall with the tubing anchored around a stable surface.
- Start with tension facing away from the anchor point with tubing below your arms.
- Press your arms out and slowly release back in.
- Repeat for up to 1 minute.
- Stay tall and keep your shoulders retracted and depressed.
5. Tricep Kickbacks & Low Reach
Targets back of the arm (triceps), hips, thighs, and core.
- Start in a staggered stance with your weight even on both legs.
- Anchor tubing around a stable surface (anchor “how to” shown here)
- Start with tension and straighten out your elbow. You want to feel this in the back of your arm (triceps).
- Bend elbow again.
- Now bend both knees and reach for the floor – keeping your back straight and chest open.
- Bend elbow again and repeat tricep kickback.
- Repeat exercise sequence for up to 1 minute.
More workouts that are good for travel and small spaces here:
*Consult your physician before starting any new exercise program.