If you have been neglecting your wrists and they are starting to cause some discomfort or slight pain, **try these 6 rehabilitation exercises to regain mobility and strength…
1. Wrist Extension: Relax hand over a rolled towel with palm facing down. Extend wrist up as much as possible and *hold.
2. Wrist Flexion: Relax hand over a rolled towel with palm facing up. Flex wrist with fingers extended and *hold.
3. Wrist Deviations: Relax hand over a rolled towel with palm sideways. Lift hand and *hold.
4. Wrist Pronation & Supination: Pronate (rotate palm down) the hand as much as possible and *hold. Reverse direction by supinating (rotate palm up) the hand as much as possible and *hold.
5. Finger Flexion & Extension: Flex fingers in by making a strong fist with thumb outside of fingers, squeeze and hold for 5 seconds. Next, extend fingers as much as possible and hold 5 seconds. Repeat up to 10x.
6. Prayer w/ Towel: Press hands together with elbows out and shoulders retracted and depressed and *hold. Use a thicker towel if your range of motion is limited or no towel if pain free.
* Hold each position for 5-10 seconds and release slowly. Repeat each exercise 3 times. Repeat this exercise program 2-5 times per day.
** Consult your physician before starting any new exercise program. You may need to rest, ice, compress, and elevate injuries before starting any rehab program.