Push ups from a wall don’t have to be the wimpy way to do push ups. Change them up and make them fun! All you need is a wall or use a doorway for a bigger range of motion.
Start with perfect posture:
- Abs in
- Chest open
- Shoulders retracted and depressed
- Neck neutral
Wall Push Ups (Targets chest)
- The greater the distance from the wall the harder it will be.
- Hands wide in perfect posture.
- Keep body in a straight line – don’t push butt out or sag hips).
- Perform up to one minute of push ups.
Wall Push Up to Closed Squat (Targets chest, thighs, & glutes)
- Perform a push up against wall.
- Push off and push your hips back into a squat position.
- Only go as low as you can with perfect posture and keep weight on your heels.
- Stand up and repeat sequence for one minute.
Wall Push Up to Power Hop Wide Squat (Targets chest, thighs, & glutes)
- Perform a push up against the wall.
- Jump out with your feet wider than your shoulders.
- Perform a squat.
- Jump together before repeating sequence for 1 Minute.
Wall Push Up with Leg Swing (Targets chest & core)
- Perform a push up.
- Do a controlled leg swing forward and back with the pushups.
- Make sure you don’t round your back with the forward swing or arch with your back swing.
- Perform for 30 seconds on each leg.
Try them out and let me know what you think!