If you have been performing modified push ups for a while (from your knees), it’s time to take it to the next level!
Do a full push up from toes down, modify it on knees coming back up .
- Keep your abdominals contracted in
- Shoulders retracted and depressed
- Neck in a neutral position
- Body in a straight line
- The picture shows tricep pushups with hands directly underneath shoulders. When you bend your elbows, they need to be right next to your sides.
- To focus on the chest, hands are positioned wider than your body.
- When pressing up, don’t lock out your elbows at the top of the move.
- If you press your legs together through the movement, it stabilizes your core more and may make it easier for you.
This exercise will work your chest, triceps, shoulders, and your core stability.