- Prep: 30 minutes, Ready in: 3 hours, Servings: 8-10 (at least) Original Recipe: here
- 1 (16 ounce) package orzo pasta
- 1 small organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small organic yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 whole shallot (if you can find organic, do it), finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can organic whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped organic cilantro leaves (or more)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 organic limes, juiced
- zest of 1 organic lime
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in the orzo and cook pasta 9 minutes. Drain.
- Place the drained orzo in a large bowl and fold in all ingredients up to salt and pepper. Pour lime juice, oil, and zest over salad and toss.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
Notes: I might try adding finely chopped jalapeno in it next time for a kick! You can also make this a day ahead too. 😉
Hope you are recharged from your weekend and ready for your active & healthy week! Here’s a sneak peek at Wednesday’s post…
Can you guess where we were?