Go for a walk, run, or bike ride this week to strengthen your heart, and you just may find a hint of spring!
1. Start at a slower pace for about 10 minutes, letting your muscles gradually warm up.
2. Pick up the pace 5 minutes, still feeling good, but feeling your heart work. You can say around 7 words without catching your breath.
3. Do a short burst (30 seconds) where you can only say 4-5 words without catching your breath (hard).
4. Back off to the 7 words intensity level for one minute(somewhat hard).
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for five minutes.
6. Then go 15 seconds hard, 30 seconds somewhat hard for five minutes.
7. Cool down for 5 minutes and stretch.
See 5 Stretches You Should Do Today post.
That’s your 30 minute heart-pumping workout. Happy Monday!