Stylists and designers always say, “Spend money on your hair and shoes, the rest will fall into place.”
I think skincare is equally as important. It is the first thing people look at when approaching you. Every once in awhile, I like to change up my skincare routine and make a homemade mask for my face and hands.
Know your skin type and what the different ingredients do for your skin before applying them to your face. Always buy organic and highest quality ingredients you can. Your skin will soak up 60% of what you put on it.
Homemade Oatmeal Yogurt Facial
- 1/3 c. Ground Oatmeal (soothes skin and reduces inflammation)
- 1/3 c. Plain Greek Yogurt (to soften and tighten skin)
- 1 tsp. Honey (humectant)
- A few drops argan oil (anti-aging)
- 10 Goji berries (rich in antioxidants)
- Distilled water
- Rehydrate goji berries for about 30 minutes in distilled water, then finely chop.
- Mix all ingredients together to form a thick paste. If you like it thinner, use less oatmeal.
- Massage onto clean skin and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Hydrate with your favorite serum and moisturize.