Your skin absorbs about 60% of what it is exposed to. Do you know all the ingredients of the products you put on your skin daily? It is something to think about.
Don’t ditch all your beauty products for food, but maybe try using a homemade facial mask for something different. For homemade beauty recipes, use distilled water and organic ingredients whenever possible.
Hydrating Pumpkin Mask for Sensitive Skin
- 1tsp organic pumpkin cooked or canned (high concentration of vitamin A)
- 1/4 egg yolk (moisturizing – only use a little)
- 2 – 4 T ground oats (soothes skin and reduces inflammation – I use oats at least twice a month)
- 1 tsp honey (humectant – I also use honey at least twice a month)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp olive oil (for dry skin – less is more)
Combine all ingredients into a thick paste.
Lay down for 15 – 30 minutes with cucumber over eyes and have your 4 yr. old take a picture of you. Rinse with warm water and moisturize as usual.